Dolph Lundgren ‘Never Told Me’ On ‘Rocky’ Spinoff – NBCNEWS

  • Whatsapp
Sylvester Stallone Beats 'Rocky' Spinoff With 'Parasite' Dolph Lundgren

Read More

Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren.

Anthony Harvey/Shutterstock; John Salangsang/Shutterstock

Fighting for control. Sylvester Stallone hit the next rocky spin-off centered on Dolf Lundgren‘s character, Drago, claims it was created without his knowledge or approval.

“AGAIN, IRWIN WINKLER, this PATHETIC 94 year old PRODUCER and HIS MORONIC VULTURE CHILDREN, Charles and David, are once again plucking THE BONES of another wonderful character I created without even telling me…” the Golden Globe winner, 76 , wrote in a since-deleted Instagram post on Saturday, July 30. “I apologize to the FANS, I never wanted ROCKY characters to be exploited by these parasites.”

Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren in ‘Rocky 4’.

Mgm/Ua/Cobal/Shutterstock

Stallone also called out his former costar and friend Lundgren, 64, for agreeing to participate in the project despite allegedly knowing he was against it. “By the way, I once had nothing but respect for Dolph, but he NEVER told me what was going on behind my back with the character I made for him!!!” the Rambo star continued. “TRUE FRIENDS are more precious than gold.”

In a second post, also deleted, Stallone described the producer as “the most hated, untalented, decrepit [sic]’ person in Hollywood, claiming that they want to ‘suck Rocky dry’ for their own gain. “RET BACK MY RIGHTS BLOODSUCKERS!” He wrote. “Throughout history, so many artists in every industry, recording, painting, writing, you name it, have been destroyed by these leeches who have destroyed so many families, filling their pockets with other people[‘s money]!”

Neither Winkler nor Lundgren have publicly responded to Stallone’s posts. Us Weekly has contacted representatives of the couple, but they have not responded immediately.

On Thursday 28 July, the cover reported that a rocky spin-off focused on Russian fighter Ivan Drago was in the making. While details of the film’s plot have not yet been released, the outlet did reveal that the Russian fighter’s son, Viktor Drago – who was played by Florian Munteanu in 2018’s Creed II — will play a big part in the story.

The news comes in the middle of Stallone’s ongoing public battle for the rights to the rocky franchise. The consumables star revealed in a 2019 interview with Variety that he has “zero ownership” over the characters, despite writing and starring in all six films and directing all but the first episode. “Every word, every syllable, every grammatical error was all my fault,” he said at the time. “It was shocking that it never happened, but I was told, ‘Hey, you got paid, so what are you complaining about?’ I was furious.”

Stallone continued: “I was very angry. … rocky is on TV around the world more than any other Oscar-winning film Godfather. You have six, and now you have Beliefs and Creed II.”

Earlier this month, the New York native expressed frustration at not being able to leave the legacy of the franchise to his daughters. Sophia25, Sistine24, and Scarlet, 20, who he shares with his wife Jennifer Flavin.

“Having IRWIN ROCKY under control for over 47 years and now CREED, I’d really like to get a little WHAT ABOUT MY RIGHTS back before I pass it on to ONLY YOUR CHILDREN – I believe that would be a HONEST gesture from this 93-year-old gentleman?” Stallone wrote in a since-deleted Instagram post at the time. “[This] is a painful subject That eats at my soul, because I wanted to leave something of it rocky for my children.”

Hear from Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as the Us editors deliver the hottest entertainment news every week!
Listen on Google Play Music

Related posts

Leave a Reply