Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships, so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
If you’re looking for a more youthful look without fillers, the best collagen supplements are natural solutions that do more than just support healthy hair and nails.
collagen is a crucial component in the skin that, on a micro level, is a rope-like structure that holds everything up. Healthy amounts of collagen contribute to healthy skin that is firm and smooth at the same time.
Where do we register?
These anti-aging benefits of collagen make it a new ingredient in the cupboard for those more into natural beauty products – a great way to replenish beauty from within.
Collagen is also beneficial for well-being as a whole, with a good amount of protein and valuable amino acids to support healthy bones, a healthy heart and more. and unlike weight loss supplementsCollagen supplements usually do not cause any adverse side effects.
But since collagen supplements have hit the mainstream, there are now so many products to choose from. In fact, this wellness trend seems to be reaching its peak. Walk into the nearest health food store and you’ll likely find at least three brands to choose from.
That’s why we went on a mission to find the best collagen products. But we didn’t want to mess with cheap imports or skimpy sourcing. So we set reasonable standards for quality, efficiency (does it really work?) and value, and got to work.
If you’re ready to get your feet wet with this new healthy trend, you’ve come to the right place. See who made the top five, how we picked the winners, and what makes each collagen product the best in class.
The winners: best collagen products based on quality, efficiency and value
- BEST GENERAL COLLAGEN POWDER – Organixx Clean Collagen Sources
- BEST TASTING – tight fit Super Youth Multi Collagen Peptides
- BEST FACIAL SERUM – TO CLEAR CELLRENEW Collagen Stem Cell Serum
- BEST DAIRY FREE COLLAGEN PEPTIDES – Earth echo Collagen Peptides
- BEST COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENT WITH VITAMINS – Annie Mak Clean Multi Collagen
How we chose the best
We didn’t take our decisions lightly when choosing the best collagen products for our list. We have taken quality, efficiency and price-quality ratio into account.
What does quality mean in a collagen product? Like most natural supplements, quality starts at the source. Since collagen comes from animals, it is essential to find sustainable, ethical brands. When looking for the best collagen supplements on the market, we made sure brands are researched for the following:
- Clean ingredients
- Sustainable procurement and collagen synthesis
- Third party testing for contaminants
What good is buying something that doesn’t work? The efficiency of dietary supplements can be difficult to measure, as each person reacts differently. However, a good indication is positive verified reviews from people from different backgrounds i.e. different wellbeing issues, different experiences, etc., who become repeat customers.
Supplements can get expensive, especially if you take them every day. However, the more expensive, higher quality options can often be the best way to make something really work. That’s why we weighed value in our decision and considered things like subscription discounts and free shipping that can lower costs.
Why Are People Obsessed With Collagen Products? A quick introduction
- Collagen is a natural substance found in the skin that supports overall health.
- At the microscopic level, collagen is a rope-like structure that keeps the skin firm and strong. This is why many people report anti-aging benefits such as wrinkle reduction with collagen supplements.
- Collagen peptides are: proteinand there are a total of 28 types of collagen. Of these 28, you can find up to 5 in collagen supplements:
- Type I Collagen: Most abundant in the body; most associated with anti-aging
- Type II Collagen: Main component of cartilage and essential for joints
- Type III collagen: found in bone marrow
- Type V Collagen: Found in the Eggshell and Used for Joint Pain
- Type X Collagen: Found in Cartilage
- Collagen supplements are made from animal collagen of various types. The most common sources are cattle, chicken, eggshells and fish.
- While there are currently no studies to support collagen as a natural weight loss remedy, many online users claim it is an added benefit.
The 5 Best Collagen Supplements For Anti-Aging And Well-Being
1. Overall Best Collagen Powder: Organixx – Clean Collagen Sources
Collagen source: Grass-fed Cattle, Chicken, Wild Caught Fish, Eggshell
- Contains 5 major types of collagen
- Contains camu camu (whole food vitamin C) for maximum absorption
- Tasteless and odorless
- 8 grams of clean protein and only 32 calories per serving
- Third party tested for contaminants, herbicides and pesticides
- Blends easily into coffee, tea, smoothies and other food and drinks
- non gmo
- Free shipping only with purchase of $99+ or automatic shipping
Organixx wins the #1 spot for their amazingly tasteless collagen powder. If you’ve tried collagen powders before, you know that some have a lingering, “chicken-like” aftertaste. Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens are truly tasteless, a versatile powder to add to smoothies, water, pastries, you name it.
Better yet, Organixx offers multiple types of collagen from sustainably sourced beef, organic chicken, fish and eggshell. More complete from a nutritional point of view and great for anti-aging. With over 1,100 verified 5-star reviews, with amazing results, you can’t go wrong switching to Organixx Clean Sourced Collagens Complete Protein.
User Tip: Mix coffee in the morning to get your daily collagen without a funky taste or texture. Just stir and go
2. Best Tasting: tight fit – Super Youth Multi Collagen Peptides
Collagen source: Grass-fed cattle, chicken, wild-caught fish
- Good taste
- Made with five types of collagen
- Money back guarantee
- Verified users have reported weight loss
- Free shipping only with an add-on
Finally a collagen powder that tastes good! SkinnyFit is a fantastic, mission-driven brand that uses clean ingredients and is known for its efficient supplements in general. Their collagen powder has a delicious orangey pineapple flavor that is all natural. It tastes great in smoothies or combined with old-fashioned H2O.
According to verified users and reviews, you can look forward to glowing skin, an overall wellness boost, and maybe even weight loss benefits.
User Tip: This supplement goes very well with tropical fruit smoothies. Add a scoop along with some ice, frozen banana and water or orange juice for a nutritious treat.
3. Best Collagen Facial Serum: TO CLEAR – CELLRENEW collagen stem cell serum
Collagen source: stem cells
- Current application
- Great for facial wrinkles
- anti acne
- Organic ingredients
- Contains Hyaluronic Acid
Your nighttime skin routine just got an upgrade. CLEARSTEM’s most popular serum made with collagen is every skincare lover’s dream. Included in the mix are certified organic ingredients such as natural botanicals and compounds such as hyaluronic acid that are great for skin health and that youthful glow. Acne sufferers should also take note as many users report success using CLEARSTEM’s Peptide Serum as part of their daily skin care routine.
How to use: Apply in the evening after cleansing your face and using toner. Apply your nighttime moisturizer after the collagen serum dries a bit and get more beauty sleep for even more anti-aging benefits.
4. Best Dairy Free Collagen Peptides: Earth echo – Collagen Peptides
Collagen source: 100% grass-fed cattle
- dairy free
- No artificial flavors
- Made from 100% grass-fed cattle
- Lucrative Subscription Savings
- 17 grams of protein per scoop
- Mission-driven brand
- Free shipping only on $150+ purchase or subscription
Earth Echo is known for its environmental commitment and third-party testing. The collagen peptides are made from 100% sustainably sourced beef. In addition, the powder is tasteless and will not affect the texture of your drinks. With multiple types of collagen in the mix and 17 grams of protein per scoop, you can’t go wrong with this daily supplement.
User Tip: Sign up for a subscription to Earth Echo to get their collagen peptides; you can cancel at any time. This will cut costs by more than 35% and you will get free shipping.
5. Best Collagen Supplement With Vitamins: Annie Mak – Clean Multi Collagens
Collagen source: Beef, chicken, fish, eggshell
- Made from five types of collagen
- non gmo
- Sustainably produced
- Added vitamins and minerals
- High in amino acids
Annie Mak has done it again with his innovative combination of nature’s most powerful healers. This supplement powder contains a synergistic blend of no less than five types of collagen. To support overall nutrition and wellness, you’ll also find zinc, vitamin C, and more. We love that Annie Mak is reasonably priced compared to the competition, and the collagen powder is one of the most complete out there.
User tip: Annie Mak has a delicious recipe for keto brownies with collagen powder. Look for it on the packaging and treat your family to a healthy dessert.
Will Collagen Supplements Work for You?
People react differently to supplements, and healthy lifestyle factors such as diet, exercise and sleep play a big role in how you look and feel. That said, we’re pretty confident that the top five collagen supplements we’ve selected represent the best the wellness industry has to offer right now.
Keep making small changes to your healthy lifestyle and incorporating collagen into your wellness regimen to feel the benefits! (Looking younger doesn’t hurt either!)
Looking for more wellness and lifestyle choices? See more of our recommendations:
This post is brought to you by the Shop With Us team at Us Weekly. The Shop With Us team wants to highlight products and services that our readers may find interesting and useful, such as wedding guest outfits, purses, plus size swimwear, women’s sneakers, bridal shapewear, and perfect gift ideas for anyone in your life. However, product and service selection is in no way intended as endorsement by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team can receive free products from manufacturers for testing. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not determine our decision as to whether or not a product or service is recommended or recommended. Shop With U works independently of the ad sales team. We welcome your feedback on [email protected] Happy shopping!