Alexander-Arnold, Mo Salah, Nunez give Liverpool first community shield since 2006 – NBCNEWS

  • Whatsapp
Alexander-Arnold, Mo Salah, Nunez give Liverpool first community shield since 2006

crazy ball – For the first time since 2006, Liverpool win the trophy Community Shield after a 3-1 victory over Premier League champions Manchester City on Saturday night (30/7), with the help of goals from Trent Alexander-Arnold, Mohamed Salah and Darwin Nunez.

Read More

Pep Guardiola’s side drew level 1-1 in the 70th minute with a short-range effort from new signing Julian ALvarez, but seven minutes from time Egyptian striker Mo Salah struck from the penalty spot to give Liverpool to clinch his victory. Uruguayan scored third in injury time.

The merciless penalty was awarded in the 83rd minute by referee Craig Pawson after Darwin Nunez’s header hit Ruben Dias’ right arm. And Salah with his skill ran like a crab to target the bottom left of Ederson’s goal. The 2-1 score turned to 3-1 when Nunez added another goal that ensured the Reds won their first Community Shield trophy since 2006.

In the last 15 years since 1006, Liverpool have always failed in the race for the Premier League season’s opening trophy. Twice through in 2019 and 2020, losing to Manchester City and then losing again the following year at the hands of Arsenal. The scoring in both games ended 1-1 and Jurgen Klopp’s men could not contain the tension in the penalty shoot-out, which both ended 5-4.

Saturday night’s game was heavily dominated by the Skyblues, who had 57% possession over 90 minutes, conceding 12 goal attempts and seven strikes on target. But only one resulted in a goal by Julian Alvarez. On the other hand, the red team is only 43%, but is more aggressive with 15 attempts and only four attacks on target, two of which are goals.

It became Liverpool’s 16th Community Shield trophy, while The Cityzens failed to add to the six trophies they already had.

Gilabola.com presents the latest information in a light language style that is easy to understand and the latest updates of European and international competitions. Also visit our official Youtube channel at @gilabolanews and @gilabolastory

PreviouslyStretch Manchester City’s defence, Liverpool’s way to break Ederson’s goal

Related posts

Leave a Reply