Hellbound drama will soon air on Netflix on Friday, November 19, 2021. This Korean drama, which is a thriller and fantasy genre, will tell about the influence of religious sects and the emergence of supernatural beings.
Here are a number of interesting facts about the Hellbound drama that make this series a pity to miss.
Related article: Hometown Drama Cha-Cha-Cha: Synopsis, Showtimes, & How to Watch on Netflix
The Story of a New Religious Sect and Otherworldly Creatures in Hellbound
The Korean drama Hellbound consists of six episodes. This series tells the story of the emergence of a number of otherworldly beings who appear to curse humans to hell.
The chaos resulting from this supernatural event then resulted in the growing influence of a new religious group called The Truth.
Some people who suspected the activities of this group then began to investigate his involvement in the mysterious event.
Unique New Characters
There are many unique characters in the drama Hellbound. This drama is more interesting because it is played by senior players such as Yoo Ah-In and Park Jung-Min. Here’s a list of characters in Hellbound, quoted Asianwiki.
- Jung Jin-Soo (Yoo Ah-In) is the head of the new religion “Saejinrihwe” or The Truth. He talked about the phenomenon when the grim reaper from hell came and claimed it was a revelation from God. Jung Jin-Soo has a strong charisma and mysterious aspect.
- Bae Young-Jae (Park Jung-Min) is a PD for a broadcasting station. He tries to dig up the truth about the Saejinrihwe religious group.
- Min Hey-Jin (Kim Hyun-Joo) is a lawyer. He stood up against the “Hwasalchok” (‘Arrow’) group, which consisted of people who were blindly following Saejinrihwe.
- Song So Hyun (Won Jin-A) is Bae Young-Jae’s wife. He collapsed in emotional pain, which he couldn’t handle.
- Jin Kyung-Hoon (Yang Ik-June) is a detective and investigates cases involving the appearance of a grim reaper.
Hellbound Player List
- Yoo Ah-In as Jung Jin-Soo
- Park Jung-Min as Bae Young-Jae
- Kim Hyun-Joo as Min Hey-Jin
- Won Jin-A as Song So-Hyun
- Yang Ik-June as Jin Kyung-Hoon
- Kim Do-Yoon as Hwasalchok member
- Kim Shin-Rok as Park Jung-Ja
- Ryoo Kyung-Soo as Priest Yoo-Ji
- Lee Re as Jin Hee-Jung
- Han Woo-Yul
Related article: Family Theme to Comedy, These are the 8 Best Korean Dramas in June
Bringing Tensions and Interesting Stories About Hell
Hellbound itself tells the story of chaos in Seoul. A number of mysterious creatures appear, cursing and dragging the chosen ones to hell.
“Hellbound depicts the hell that we are currently living in,” said Hellbound main character Yoo Ah-in as quoted by a Netflix press release.
In addition, Park Jeong-min also said, “You can enjoy the suspense as well as the deep message in this series.”
Actress Won Jin-a also commented, “The script is so immersive. There are people who keep making the same mistakes, who stick to their beliefs, and who sacrifice themselves. The situations, stories, and behaviors of these people are in stark contrast to one another, thus creating different messages depending on the perspective used.”
Related article: 11 Recommended Korean Drama November 2021, Phenomenal Star-studded!
Supernatural Phenomena in the Hellbound Trailer
Prior to its release, Hellbound released the first trailer showing how a person gets a terrible notification about the time of his death.
After that, Jung Jinsu (Yoo Ah-in) stated that this supernatural phenomenon is God’s warning to sinners, and that it is fear that will free people from their sins.
There is also a glimpse of a scene that looks like an execution process, and terror is also present with the appearance of large supernatural beings who torture sinners. Humans began to suspect and hate each other, thus turning the world into a terrible place.
An Adaptation of a Webtoon
Hellbound is a Korean drama adaptation of webtoon popularly titled “Jiok”. This web comic (webtoon) is written by Yeon Sang-Ho and illustrated by Choi Kyu-Seok. This webtoon was first published August 25, 2019.
Produced by the Director of the Film Train to Busan
drakor Hellbound directed by Yeon Sang-ho, a director who has worked on big films like Train to Busan and Peninsula which managed to attract worldwide attention with screenings at various well-known film festivals this year, including the Toronto International Film Festival, Busan International Film Festival, and the BFI London Film Festival.
Hellbound Showtimes on Netflix
Don’t miss the premiere Hellbound on November 19. You can watch this drama with Indonesian subtitles on the Netflix streaming application.